If you are a member of the press and have questions about Inverness Village or its residents, or would like a tour of the campus, please contact Cathy Canning, Communications Manager, Asbury Communities, at 301-250-2103.
1. Established in 2003, Inverness Village is a Tulsa, Okla.-based continuing care retirement community that offers a vibrant retirement lifestyle paired with a secure plan for the future.
2. Inverness Village is part of Asbury, the 15th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities in the United States, operating eight communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
3. Many of the community’s 180 associates work in hospitality-related or health-care positions.
4. Residents of Inverness have access to the Asbury Foundation’s Benevolent Care program, which provides financial support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own.
5. The campus includes 196 apartments, 60 cottage and garden homes, Inverness offers a full continuum of care, including assisted living, rehabilitative services, memory support and skilled nursing care.
6. Inverness Village’s Medicare-certified Health Care Center provides skilled nursing and memory support services for up to 47 people. Inverness Village has 44 assisted living suites with 12 offering memory support. Asbury Home Services provides personal care services for Inverness residents and for seniors living in the Tulsa area.
7. Inverness Village is located 15 minutes from Tulsa on a 190-acre campus, which features a large central pond, walking trails, a nature preserve and putting green.
8. Inverness Village features a fitness facility, medical clinic, post office, bank, salon and spa services, tennis courts, billiards room, library, woodshop and a variety of dining venues. The 11,200 square-foot Joe Holliman Fitness Center has an indoor pool, solarium, personal trainers who create individualized fitness plans for residents, state-of-the-art exercise equipment, and a wide range of exercise classes and programs.
In 2014, Inverness Village won an Innovator of the Year Award from the International Council on Active Aging.
All Asbury Communities’ campuses utilize a multi-dimensional wellness program focusing on six components; physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.
9. Inverness Village was the first retirement community of its type in Tulsa, and was created by a group of community leaders who wanted a vibrant place for retired persons to live.
10. Inverness Village has a multi-year American Heart Association Platinum designation as a Fit-Friendly Worksite.