If you are a member of the press and have questions about Inverness Village, its health care and wellness initiatives, residents, or would like a tour of the campus, please contact Mark Gray, executive director, at 918-388-4247.
Inverness Village Fact Sheet
1. Established in 2003, Inverness Village is part of Asbury, the 15th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in the United States, operating five communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma.
2. Approximately 450 residents age 55 plus live at Inverness Village.
3. Many of the community’s 180 associates work in hospitality-related or health-care positions.
4. Inverness generates annual revenues of approximately $18 million, which includes earnings on investments as well as contributions from resident-generated fees.
5. Inverness Village is the only Life Care community in the greater Tulsa, Okla., area, combining a vibrant retirement lifestyle and wide range of residential living options with a smart and predictable plan for the future.
6. Residents of Inverness have access to the Asbury Foundation’s Benevolent Care program, which provides support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own.
7. Inverness Village’s Medicare- and Medicaid-certified Health Care Center provides skilled nursing and memory support services for up to 47 people. It earned a perfect score in the federal government’s Five Star Quality Rating System, which ranks skilled nursing facilities’ performance on quality measures, staffing, and inspections by state regulatory agencies, and in 2012, it was ranked a top nursing home in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Inverness Villlage has 44 assisted living suites.
8. The campus includes 196 apartments, 60 cottage and garden homes, as well as a health center. Inverness has a full continuum of care, including assisted living, rehabilitative services, memory support and skilled nursing care. Soon, Inverness at Home will offer home-care services ranging from companion care to personalized health care.
9. Inverness Village is located 15 minutes from Tulsa on a 190-acre campus, which features a large central pond, walking trails, a nature preserve and putting green.
10. Inverness Village is a community within the Tulsa community, with a fitness facility, medical clinic, post office, bank, salon and spa services, tennis courts, billiards room, library, woodshop and a variety of dining venues.
11. Open 24 hours a day, the 11,200 square-foot Joe Holliman Fitness Center has an indoor pool, solarium, personal trainers who create individualized fitness plans for residents, state-of-the-art exercise equipment, and a wide range of exercise classes and programs.
12. All Asbury campuses utilize the HealthAbility lifestyle program, where residents work with associates to develop a plan based on six components of wellness — physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.