Move-In Coordination Services Smooth Your Path to Inverness Village
Even if the prospect of a new home, new adventures and new friendships is exciting, the actual moving process can be a challenge. But moving to Inverness Village is not something you go through alone.
If you keep the goal in sight, moving just comes down to the basics and can be mentally liberating,” says Move-In Coordinator Mackenzie Furgason. “You’re starting a whole new chapter of your life. What do you want to bring to your new chapter?’ ”
- First, Mackenzie provides you with a list of Moving Resources that includes moving companies, storage facilities, interior decorators, realtors, and downsizing specialists who will manage your move from soup to nuts if you desire. Though most incoming residents manage the moving process independently, support can be provided.
- Mackenzie visits your new apartment or Cottage with you with scale floor plans with furniture cut-outs to help you visualize how your own furniture will fit in your new home. Then, she works with you to prioritize “must-have” pieces.
- A large part of the pre-move services Inverness Village provides is coordinating the changes you wish to make in your new home. “Very rarely do we have an Apartment or Cottage that someone takes as-is. I work with you on selecting flooring, paint, cabinets and countertops and then coordinate the renovations. And it’s not uncommon for people to request larger renovations like moving walls or adding or closing in patios.”
- Mackenzie is the go-to person for all questions that might arise– including renovation questions, switching over cable and phone service or community clubs and events. She keeps track of all the steps that need to be taken care of throughout the period from when a resident signs a contract and goes to settlement on their new Apartment or Cottage.
- New residents are welcomed with a gift basket from Wellness that includes information about community events, programs and committees, and within the first week, they are contacted by an Inverness resident who invites them to dinner and helps introduce them to their new community and neighbors. A monthly Meet and Greet event provides another opportunity to meet neighbors.
“Every day I am grateful to have this job,” Mackenzie says. “My goal is to make sure there is always someone on the other end of the phone to provide support and answer questions throughout this process. To see residents’ reactions when the move is complete and their new home is ‘unveiled’ is a wonderful feeling.”
Back to news articles...